Project Development Managers – Renewables (based in New Zealand)
Job Overview – Project Development Managers – Renewables
Our client is a leading investment and renewables asset development firm and seeks Project Development Managers with 3+ years of experience in project development and project management in the electricity/renewables sectors. You will be one of several PMs supporting the Snr Project Development Manager whilst engaging with Developers (who propose, design and deliver projects).
Your Main Responsibilities
• Supporting the NZ based Project Development team with the overall advancement of renewable energy development activities (solar, wind, storage) in New Zealand. This involves day-to-day management of all development steps, whether supported by internal functions or external consultants, including the securing of project rights, permits and achievement of development milestones.
• Closely liaise with the company APAC headquarters focusing on ensuring timely and risk-gated development of greenfield and brownfield renewable energy projects up to notice-to-proceed (NTP) / ready-to-build (RTB)
• Support building the business through origination and identifying project opportunities
• Manage, update and maintain the internal project documentation filing and reporting process
• Supporting the project evaluation process with regards to commercial and technical feasibility
Qualifications & Experience
• Tertiary Qualification with Project Manager Experience/Qualification
• 3+ years project development and project management experience in electricity/renewables sectors
• Willingness to engage in multiple project management and business development tasks
• Demonstrable experience in utilising project management tools (i.e. MS projects, Primavera, excel) to track project development progress, budget and, timelines
• First experience in contract management vis-a-vis project development service providers, consultants, developers, and contractors.
• Good understanding of environmental and social risks considerations specific to renewable energy projects and/or experience in consenting and construction is a plus
• Proven track record of effective communications with project stakeholders, including internal investment committees, external project developers, energy customers, landowners, government officials, utility representatives, and community members
• Solid understanding of current regulations as well permitting rules in New Zealand (Australia in addition is a plus),
• Analytical skills required to understand the economic, technological and consenting issues of renewable projects
• Thrive in a cross-cultural communication and accountability in a highly dynamic environment
• Ability to travel as required
Please send your Resume & Dedicated Motivational letter QUOTING THE REFERENCE NUMBER LM1817 and VACANCY TITLE to: email@example.com