Position Title: Financial Advisor (Project Finance Analyst) – Renewables
Reports to: Head of AIFA South Africa in Johannesburg
Department: Acquisitions, Investments and Financial Advisory (AIFA)
Period: Full Time – Local Employment Agreement
Location: Woodmead, Johannesburg – South Africa
The Acquisitions, Investments and Financial Advisory (AIFA) team plays a key role in reconciling the Groups growth ambitions and long-term shareholder value creation objectives. Providing valuation and structuring guidance throughout the business development process and to secure the most competitive sources of funding for the Groups projects.
The Financial Advisor will be responsible for the financial analysis, valuation, structuring and project financing activities in support of the Group operations in South Africa.
Although the main geographical coverage is South Africa, flexibility is required to also support activities in other regions of Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa.
• Perform valuation and financial analysis/modelling for investments/divestments in compliance with AIFA methodologies;
• Advise on risk allocation, appropriate mitigation factors and contingencies, hedging strategy, bankability issues, optimization & tax structuring;
• Prepare files for investment decision, including relevant sensitivity analysis ;
• Establish projects’ impacts on financing and accounting at local and Group level ;
• Actively support the commercial process by providing timely insights and advice on the economics and financials of commercial opportunities;
• Support the capital structuring on projects and recommend best financing strategy (based on in depth knowledge of the current banking market, capital markets, ECAs and other sources of funds);
• Support the structuring, negotiation and execution of project financing and equity transactions;
• Maintain market intelligence, screen opportunities, monitor and assess competitors’ approach to financing/funding projects;
• Handle non-project related AIFA activities (e.g. annual impairment tests, lookbacks, etc.)
Communication & Working Relationships:
– Business Development Department
– Expertise centres (IFRS, Fiscal etc.)
– Legal team
– Engineering & construction
– Globalized Corporate Finance / Treasury & Tax / Insurance Departments
– Banks and International Financial Institutions
– Multilaterals / Export credit agencies
– Tax / accounting advisors and auditors
– Legal, Technical and Insurance advisors
– Partners & competitors
– Off takers / tendering authorities / Customers
– Contractors / suppliers
– Other ‘stakeholders’ and relevant parties
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
Degree / Experience
– Finance / Economics based degree or a professional qualification such as CFA, CIMA, ACA, ACCA (or equivalent) or technical qualification/degree (e.g. engineering).
– Minimum 3 years of relevant experience (preferably within a sponsor-side AIFA / project finance team or within a bank, financial advisory firm and/or accounting/fiscal advisory firm);
– Proven experience and demonstrable competency with complex financial modelling (including debt modelling)
– Up-to-date proficiency in excel (incl. understanding and use of basic Macros)
– Experience in supporting the financing efforts for a bid (and/or support a project to financial close) preferable
– Experience in planning and managing processes preferable
– Demonstrable prior experience of project financing for power projects in RSA (e.g. having worked on a REIPPP bid and/or financing) or any other country in Africa would be a valuable experience for the role.
– Ability to work within a team of members from varying cultural backgrounds as well as with counterparts of varying cultural backgrounds;
– Ability to work together with the other departments, promotes cooperation with other departments, knowledge sharing across the team;;
– Presence and interpersonal credibility advantageous;
– Ability to maintain high standards in terms of work quality, attention to details;
– Ability to multitask, to keep functioning effectively when under pressure and to maintain self-control;
– Ability to demonstrate support for innovation and for organizational changes, critical thinking;
– Ability to explore new ideas, creativity, flexibility and ability to take initiative;
– Maintains high ethical standards.
Specific knowledge / skills
– Strong and proven analytical and quantitative skills, including proficient financial modelling;
– Commercial acumen with good understanding of accounting topics and tax structures;
– Evaluation methodologies, financial models, business plans preparation, and simulation tools ;
– Demonstrable understanding and familiarity with key project finance concepts;
– Planning ability and capacity to deliver on plans and to work autonomously;
– Ability to identify and present the key aspects, challenges and potential issues of a project;
– Good negotiation skills and interpersonal skills
– Strong communication skills and team spirit
– Good knowledge of Excel, especially financial models (VBA is a plus), Word and Power Point.
– Good understanding of the renewable power industry and the IPP and C&I models;
– Basic understanding of banking and funding processes issues;
– Basic understanding of contractual structure of a typical contracted-output IPP.
– Fluent in English is mandatory, knowledge of other language(s) is a plus.
Location / travel
– Location: Johannesburg, Republic of South Africa.
– Travel through Africa and possible to travel outside region (e.g. Europe, United Arab Emirates).
Please send your Resume & Dedicated Motivational letter QUOTING THE REFERENCE NUMBER MJ1838 and VACANCY TITLE to: email@example.com
Tagged as: MJ1838
Vacancy: Head of Technical – Offshore Wind Reference: JS1833 Employment Term: Full Time/Permanent Staff Location: Manila, Philippines The Head of...Apply For This Job
Senior Manager Sustainability and Energy Solutions Location: Essen Languages: Fully proficient in German Job Description: What? Sustainability transformation strategies, roadmaps...Apply For This Job
EPC Project Manager REIPPP / Solar PV. Based in Cape Town you will be responsible for drawing up a detailed...Apply For This Job
Engineering Manager Renewables Protection and Automation Job Purpose: The Engineering Manager will manage the Project Engineering section in the Protection...Apply For This Job
Technical Officer – Renewables Location: South Africa (Johannesburg) or Morocco (Casablanca) Reports to: Head of Technical Oversight & Support Department:...Apply For This Job