Technical Officer – Renewables
Location: South Africa (Johannesburg) or Morocco (Casablanca)
Reports to: Head of Technical Oversight & Support
Department: Technical Oversight and Support Department
Period: Full Time Local Employment Agreement
The development of energy projects and commercial tenders is supported by the Technical Oversight and Support Team (TOS). The general role of the TOS team member is to:
– Lead the technical aspect of projects in feasibility stage, development stage, and tender/bid stage including interfacing with engineering consultants, technology providers and suppliers, with the aim of improving bid competitiveness and ensuring technical quality as required for safe, efficient and sustainable construction, operation and maintenance of the asset.
– Be responsible for choice of technologies, technical configurations and for setting relevant performance, statutory, safety and quality requirements.
– Be responsible for drafting/contributing to and negotiating owner specifications, including the incorporation of the latest group experience and standards.
– Be in charge of all O&M and technical-related agreements during the development phase, including documentation drafting and contractual negotiation (e.g. EPC, PPA, FSA, OMA, LTSA, OE, LTA etc).
– Be in charge of defining procurement strategies (together with the Chief Procurement Officer) and construction strategies (together with the Head of Construction).
– Prepare Capex and O&M budgets integrating feedback from Group assets and Group specialists.
– Prepare all O&M technical related documents for the bid (OM organization chart, O&M references, O&M Philosophy, etc.).
– Assess and evaluate all technical risks and advise and/or draft professional reports during the various stages of the project approval process.
– Provide ad-hoc support and advisory to operational assets and construction projects.
– Perform technology watch and share knowledge within the TOS team.
– Hand-over technical aspects and documents to the Project and O&M companies.
Communication & Working Relationships:
– Technical Oversight and Support (TOS) Team
– Acquisitions, Investments and Financial Advisory (AIFA) Team
– Business Development (BD) Team
– Legal & Ethics Team
– Support Teams (HR, IT, HSE, Procurement, Finance)
– Project Companies, Operating Companies & Subsidiaries
– HQ, BU Africa HQ
– Equipment &Technology Providers & EPC Contractors
– Off-takers and Grid Operators
– Consultants & Engineering Firms
– Project Stakeholders (sponsors, lenders, owners, environmental)
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
– Engineering Degree: BSc/BEng in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
– Additional Qualifications would be advantageous
– Professional Registration would be advantageous
– Fluent in English (verbal and written skills)
Experience & Skills
– 8 years of experience in the power generation sector with specifically:
• Deep knowledge and experience in developing a Solar PV or Wind power project including the ability to evaluate and perform feasibility studies, conduct technology configurations, conceptual designs and cost analysis for the full lifecycle of the asset as well as understanding of technology specific contractual arrangements. Knowledge in other renewable technologies would be advantageous.
• Knowledge and experience in various power project development phases (engineering, construction, commissioning, operations)
• Knowledge and experience with various types of development (greenfield, brownfield, acquisitions, divestments, project finance, equity finance, IPP business models etc.)
• A basic understanding of HV/MV/LV electrical systems, including international practices on grid connection for centralised gas and renewable energy projects, as well as electrical system integration & optimisation for industrial customers.
• Energy Market Knowledge: Knowledge of market players and industry practice would be advantageous
• Ability to travel within Africa and to company offices and assets
• Ability to multitask and manage time, assignments and project cycles
• Ability to work within a team of members from varying cultural backgrounds
• Ability to communicate and share knowledge between remote teams
• Ability to take ownership and responsibility, keep commitments and manage expectations
• Ability to maintain high standards in terms of work quality and attention to details
• Ability to work autonomously, prioritizing tasks and activities in line with business objectives
• Ability to think both strategically and analytically
• Ability to function effectively under pressure and maintain self-control
• Ability to adapt to new and diverse environments and changing contexts
• Maintains high ethical standards and confidentiality where required
• Adheres to the Company Policies and Procedures;
• Behaves in a responsible way;
• Lives the values of the Company.
Please send your Resume & Dedicated Motivational letter QUOTING THE REFERENCE NUMBER MJ1836 and VACANCY TITLE to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tagged as: MJ1836
O&M Manager – Solar PV. For our client we have a vacancy for an O&M Manager (GCC registered) who will...Apply For This Job
Project Developer Renewables. Our client is Voltalia, an international player in the renewable energy sector. The Group produces and sells...Apply For This Job
The Group Leader of Asset Management Solar PV – South Africa, will have strong leadership of managing multiple MSA agreements...Apply For This Job
Vacancy: Stakeholder Manager – Offshore Wind Reference: JS1832 Employment Term: Full Time/Permanent Staff Location: Manila, Philippines The Stakeholder Manager is...Apply For This Job
Economic Development Manager Solar PV Location: Cape Town Reporting to: Country Manager / Head of Management Services Salary: Between R720k...Apply For This Job