Vacancy: Senior Project Engineer – Offshore Wind
Employment Term: Full Time/Permanent Staff
Location: Manila, Philippines
Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical & Energy)
Work Experience: Minimum 5 years’ offshore wind experience
General Description and Role Overview:
Our client is developing offshore wind energy projects in multiple geographies and is looking for a Senior Project Engineer who is passionate about offshore wind technologies and enjoys the unique challenges of growing business in an emerging industry.
You will join a dynamic and highly motivated team of energy professionals with extensive knowledge and hands-on experience executing floating offshore wind projects.
Reporting to the Head of Technical of the Philippines and working closely with the Grid Connection & Electrical Works Senior Director located in Europe, the Senior Project Engineer will be interacting with the different grid/electrical external consultants and NGCP (National Grid Philippines Corporation) to ensure grid connection application approvals. He will also support the Country & Project Delivery Managers to bring the projects to a fully-consented stage (Ready-to-Build Status).
• Manage all grid assessment and grid application workstreams, ensuring successful project delivery to the prescribed budget and timeline.
• Be responsible for the development and implementation of the overall Electrical Design package strategy from early development.
• Be responsible for reporting to the Grid Connection & Electrical Works Senior Director on electrical design achievements against objectives.
Other technical accountabilities:
· In the early phases, assist Head of Technical in defining a strategy to mature the technical definition of the projects in the Philippines. Help executing this strategy in conjunction with potential project development partners and/or by engaging and managing external consultants.
· Contribute to technical workstreams, ensuring successful project delivery to the prescribed budget and timeline.
· Help Head of Technical in gathering required inputs from the technical work packages to ensure the execution of the business/project development strategies. Notably from:
o Wind Turbine
o Substructures (bottom-fixed, floating foundations) and Supply Chain
o Mooring Systems
o Electrical Design
o Site Assessment
o Transport and Installation
o Operations and Maintenance
• In collaboration with Head of Technical, provide technical support to:
o Commercial (Business development, Procurement, M&A-Partnership, Financial Modelling/Valuation, Project Finance,…)
o Permitting and Environment
o Project Certification
o And others, when required
• Manage and monitor the schedule, development budget related to the electrical design package, the safety aspects, and the technical quality of the deliverables.
• Assist with for the electrical design strategy specifications supporting the procurement process and packages quotation, and:
1/ contribute to the contractual strategy;
2/ run requests for proposals, assess technical offers and propose preferred suppliers;
3/ negotiate with key contractors the terms and conditions of relevant aspect of the Electrical Design package for the projects;
4/ discuss and Provide inputs to the business model.
• Participate in technical due diligences and monitor the work done by the Company’s advisor during any relevant process, such as the participation in energy auctions or the financial close of the projects.
• Participate in technical conversations with technical contractors, electrical equipment designers, and cable manufacturers and other members of supply chain.
• Assist the Project Delivery Manager to bring the projects to Ready-To-Build Status. This would include all the initial due diligence activities related to acquiring the site, permits & related approvals, identifying the gaps on the Supply Chain, port inspections and upgrade, Right Of Way for electrical collection systems & the transmission line to grid utility.
• Ensure compliances of various types of permits, licenses and approvals.
• Assist in preparing development budget and monitor project activities.
• Assist Stakeholder Manager and other team members in managing and developing good relationships with external stakeholders especially local government offices, central government agencies (such as but not limited to: DOE, DENR, NCIP, ERC, NGCP, etc.), potential partners and private sector.
• Write reports, applications, memos, etc. with different degrees on technical content required in our project development activities.
Required Professional Experience:
• Knowledge of the technical aspects of electricity generation and renewable energy, in particular in the Philippines.
• Experience in engaging with NGCP (National Grid Philippines Corporation) on grid connection application processes.
• Familiarity with offshore wind technology.
• Familiarity with the technical specifications of main electrical components and subsea cables.
• Basic knowledge of HVDC solutions.
• Understands the prevailing policy and framework pertaining to grid connectivity and development of Renewable Energy Projects.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; Familiarity with design programs and database systems are advantages.
• Exceptional written communications and presentation skills.
• Intermediate skills with spreadsheets, charts, and presentations.
Required Skills & Competencies:
• Excellent team working skills to contribute collaboratively, confidently and with high integrity.
• Systematic and detail-oriented approach to deliver high-quality solutions. Creative approach to problem solving.
• Self-driven, eager to take the initiative, speak their mind and be accountable.
• Capable of delivering results in an environment with multiple and parallel demands.
• Self-motivated and proactive, able to develop new methods of working from scratch and show agility and flexibility.
• Languages: native speaker (or equivalent) in English, Filipino language ideally.
• Strong and consolidated network in the renewables industry in the Philippines.
• Ability to work across cultures and with different geographies.
• Willingness to travel extensively within the Philippines as and when required.
• Flexibility to travel to support responsibilities (up to 25%).
Please send your Resume & Dedicated Motivational letter QUOTING THE REFERENCE NUMBER JS1834 and VACANCY TITLE to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Project Developer Solar PV & Wind. A leading South African-based, full-service renewable energy provider for large scale and distributed...Apply For This Job
Vacancy: Environment & Consenting Manager – Offshore Wind Reference: JS1835 Employment Term: Full Time/Permanent Staff Location: Manila, Philippines Education Required:...Apply For This Job
Site Manager REIPPPP, Operation of Renewable Energy Assets REIPPPP Role: Site Manager – REIPPPP Operation of Renewable Energy Assets. Location:...Apply For This Job
Junior Project Developer Solar PV and Wind. A leading South African-based, full-service renewable energy provider for large scale and distributed...Apply For This Job
Senior Consultants – Renewables (Owner’s Engineer or Independent Engineer) Our client has a long track record of supporting companies to...Apply For This Job
Construction Director – Renewable Energy Reports to: SA Country Manager / CEO of the Project Company Department: Construction Development &...Apply For This Job