Vacancy: Environment & Consenting Manager – Offshore Wind
Employment Term: Full Time/Permanent Staff
Location: Manila, Philippines
Education Required: Environmental Management, Social Science, Environmental Sciences/Engineering, and Sea Engineering.
General Description and Role Overview:
Our client is a developer of offshore wind energy projects in multiple geographies and is looking for an Environment & Consenting Manager who is passionate about offshore wind technologies and enjoys the unique challenges of growing business in an emerging industry.
You will join a dynamic and highly motivated team of energy professionals with extensive knowledge and hands-on experience executing floating offshore wind projects.
Reporting to the Country Manager of the Philippines and working closely with the Head of Consents and Environment located in Europe, the Environment & Consenting Manager would manage environmental analysis and planning consents (for the offshore and onshore parts of the project) across all offshore wind projects in the Philippines. The Environment & Consenting Manager is responsible for developing and implementing policies and programs to ensure compliance with environmental regulations at federal, state, and local levels. The role will have a key focus on the management of the Environmental and Social Impact Assessments (ESIA) and surveys to ensure that these scopes meet all design development and regulatory requirements. The role will also involve stakeholder engagement and strategic activities which seek to de-risk approvals and consent applications.
• Manage all environmental and planning consents or permits workstreams, ensuring successful project delivery to the prescribed budget and timeline.
• Monitor and manage project development and consenting risks, reporting project progress, risks, and relevant issues within the team and to internal stakeholders.
• Oversee the procurement and management of ESIA (Environmental Social Impact Assessment) surveys and studies and liaise with/monitor external consultants.
• Ensure a robust environmental permitting and consenting strategy, preventing potential delays, evaluating, and recommending any alternate development pathways.
• Work closely within the wider teams within the company and potential co-development partners team and manage internal resources as required.
• Work collaboratively with the Philippines Project Delivery Manager and potential co-development partners to efficiently manage project development and ensure consistency of approach across projects.
• Conduct environmental audits and risk assessments, and for developing and implementing corrective action plans.
• Liaise and co-ordinate with project key stakeholders including co-development partners, government bodies, grid transmission companies, suppliers, consultants and other contractors, with regards to environment and planning/permitting/consenting scope.
• Manage activities and promote the projects with federal and local governments and other key stakeholders, including regulators, relevant sea and land users, landowners, industry and communities.
• Establish strong relationships with the wider team, project partners, industry, suppliers, and stakeholders to facilitate the delivery of projects.
• Support the development of further opportunities in the Philippines that are consistent with company goals and objectives.
Required Professional Experience:
• Degree educated or above, or professional qualification, in a relevant discipline such as Environmental Management, Social Science, Environmental Sciences/Engineering, and Sea Engineering.
• Proven environmental licensing process experience in large-infrastructure energy projects (renewable energy industry is preferable or Oil and Gas), in the Philippines or globally.
• In-depth knowledge of international ESIA (Environmental Social Impact Assessment) standards for energy projects (renewable energy industry is preferable or Oil and Gas) or local (Filipino) Environmental regulations for energy projects (renewable energy industry is preferable or Oil and Gas).
• Experience reviewing applications and delivery of project consents for (renewable) energy projects, in the Philippines or globally.
• Demonstrated experience leading the consenting and permitting process to successful conclusion on a (renewable) energy project, in the Philippines or globally.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively liaise with contractors and specialist consultancies to ensure the quality and timely delivery of scopes of work to meet project milestones.
• Extensive project management experience.
Required Knowledge & Competencies:
• Detailed understanding of the complexities of onshore and offshore planning and consents laws and regulations.
• Awareness of the challenges which can emerge through the consenting process and ability to devise clear resolution processes.
• Excellent team working skills to contribute collaboratively, confidently and with high integrity.
• Systematic and detail-oriented approach to deliver high-quality solutions. Creative approach to problem solving.
• An ability to take initiatives and own projects, delivering results in an environment with multiple and parallel demands.
• Self-motivated and proactive, able to develop new methods of working from scratch and show agility and flexibility.
• Languages: Native speaker (or equivalent) in English, Filipino language ideally.
• Strong and consolidated network in the renewables industry in the Philippines.
• Ability to work across cultures and with different geographies.
• Status to work in the Philippines.
• Flexibility to travel to support responsibilities (around 25%).
Salary & Benefits:
• Competitive package available, commensurate with experience.
• Full coverage of health insurance (family included).
• Flexible working scheme.
Please send your Resume & Dedicated Motivational letter QUOTING THE REFERENCE NUMBER JS1835 and VACANCY TITLE to: email@example.com
Junior Project Developer Solar PV and Wind. A leading South African-based, full-service renewable energy provider for large scale and distributed...Apply For This Job
Site Manager REIPPPP, Operation of Renewable Energy Assets REIPPPP Role: Site Manager – REIPPPP Operation of Renewable Energy Assets. Location:...Apply For This Job
Vacancy: Stakeholder Manager – Offshore Wind Reference: JS1832 Employment Term: Full Time/Permanent Staff Location: Manila, Philippines The Stakeholder Manager is...Apply For This Job
Senior Consultant – Onshore Wind. The role is primarily based in Cape Town, however occasional travel is anticipated. Job Overview:...Apply For This Job
Technical Officer – Renewables Location: South Africa (Johannesburg) or Morocco (Casablanca) Reports to: Head of Technical Oversight & Support Department:...Apply For This Job
Senior Project Developer Solar PV & Wind. A leading South African-based, full-service renewable energy provider for large scale and distributed...Apply For This Job